Public festivities present a great opportunity for communities to come together and collectively turn the page after experiences like the flooding that forced evacuations in San Jose last month. Whether you enjoy eating green macaroni and cheese, running half marathons, or raising a toast to friends at an authentic Irish pub, there will be no shortage of ways to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day this month in San Jose.
GJEL is encouraging our friends in the San Jose and Tri-Valley areas to get out and enjoy themselves on St. Patrick’s Day weekend, and to stay safe by participating in our Drink and Alive Free Cab Ride program.
Read on for a collection of St. Patrick’s Day activities around the San Jose area, and be sure to visit our Free Cab Ride program page for details about how to receive up to $30 back from GJEL for making the decision to not drink and drive on March 17 and 18.
St. Patrick’s Day 2017 in San Jose
- Explore one of Yelp’s top-rated Irish pubs in San Jose
- Take the kids to design and build a leprechaun trap at one of the San Jose Public Library facilities
- Venture down to Los Gatos for the Go Green St. Patrick’s Day Half Marathon, as well as 10k and 5k races
- Remember to wear green at the Mayfair Community Center for a public party featuring green mac’n’cheese
- Join the Willow Glen Community & Senior Center for a St. Patrick’s Day luncheon
- Listen to a powerful blend of Latin, Afrobeat, and Funk music by the Bay Area’s own Camino
- Dance at Drying Shed to the beats of Tortilla Soup and DJ Jammin J
Know of other events that should be added to the list? Let us know by calling the GJEL Free Cab Ride program at 1-866-218-3776.
And Happy St. Patrick’s Day from all of us at GJEL!