GJEL Accident Attorneys is a San Jose, California law firm that specializes in Wrongful Death Cases. When you experience the loss of a loved one is the hardest thing you can go through. These situations are much harder when the death was unexpected and caused due to someone else’s negligence. One of the reasons Andy Gillin formed GJEL Accident Attorneys was to help people get the justice they deserve after suffering the loss of a loved one.
Since the firm was formed in 1972 the partners at GJEL have helped hundreds of clients with their wrongful death cases. We have recovered over $1 Billion Dollars for our clients who have been seriously injured or killed in accidents.
GJEL has the resources to take your case to trial and hold the wrongdoers accountable for their actions at no upfront cost to you. In fact, when you work with GJEL you won’t pay us unless and until we win your case.
This is because GJEL is a California contingency fee law firm.
What is a wrongful death lawsuit?
A wrongful death lawsuit is a lawsuit that is filed in civil court to hold wrongdoers responsible for their actions that resulted in the death of a family member. Typically wrongful death lawsuits are a way to hold the responsible party financially accountable for their actions that resulted in the death.
A few of the common wrongful death accidents we’ve seen in San Jose are:
- Car Accidents: Where negligent drivers caused a car accident resulting in a death.
- Defective Products: Where a product design flaw caused the incident.
- Pedestrian Accidents: When pedestrians are hit by cars or other motor vehicles
- Motorcycle & Truck Accidents: Freeway accidents where a commercial truck or motorcycle is involved.
- Employer Negligence & Workplace Accidents: Where an employer-hosted an event that resulted in the death of someone due to their negligence.
What to Look For When Hiring a Wrongful Death Lawyer
When deciding who to hire for a wrongful death claim it’s essential that you do the proper research before contacting a law firm. Smaller firms with less experience may try to quickly settle a case instead of taking it to trial. Smaller less established firms may also not have the substantial resources that GJEL has to take and see cases all of the way through trial.
Building a successful and valuable wrongful death case can be a complex matter that requires accident reconstruction, evidence research, and a strong expertise in California personal injury law.
Here are questions you should ask any attorney you are considering hiring:
- Have you handled wrongful death cases before? GJEL has handled hundreds of wrongful death cases
- What is your success rate with these cases? GJEL maintains a 99% success rate
- How much money have you recovered for your clients? GJEL has recovered over One Billion Dollars for our clients
Types of Compensation Available
The last thing you want to worry about after experiencing the loss of a loved one is bills. But the reality is that the loss of a breadwinner can have a life-long significant
Typically during the average wrongful death claim, we will look at the different types of compensation available for recovery. The most common recoveries we are able to recover are:
- Expenses for funerals and the burial
- Lifetime loss of income from the deceased individual and family support
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of companionship
GJEL Offer’s Free Wrongful Death Case Evaluations
If you have experienced a loss due to the negligence of someone else, call our San Jose attorneys so we can discuss the options for your case. We offer free case evaluations and will help you get through this difficult time.