GJEL Accident Attorneys is a Top Rated Gilroy Personal Injury Law Firm with a 99.9% Success Rate.
If you or someone you love has been injured in an accident due to the negligence of someone else, you should to talk to one of our highly rated Gilroy based personal injury lawyers today.
Many times insurance companies will try to quickly settle serious injury cases for less than they’re worth without accounting for important factors such as:
– Full Medical Bills
– Life-Long Injuries
– Pain and Suffering
– Lost Work
In fact, it’s in the insurance companies’ best interest to settle cases quickly.
GJEL has been helping injured victims in the garlic capital since 1972 with a 99% Success rate.
We have recovered over $950 Million Dollars for our clients injured in accidents.
We Handle Personal Injury Cases in Gilroy
Here are some of the cases we have handled in Gilroy an in Northern California.
Talk To a Local Attorney Today
Have a question or need advice? Talk to a local Gilroy accident attorney today for a free no-obligation case evaluation.
How to Hire the Best Personal Injury Law Firm in Gilroy, CA
A personal injury can put you in a bad financial place with high medical bills, lost wages, and the prospect of being unable to resume your previous career after you have recovered. In severe cases major accidents can leave some victims paralyzed, disabled, and facing other permanent complications like memory loss, chronic pain, and emotional trauma.
If an accident was caused by another party’s negligence, a victim facing these and other damages can seek compensation for his or her expenses through a personal injury claim.
The most effective way to pursue a personal injury claim is to work with an experienced Gilroy personal injury lawyer.
Because one’s lawyer has such a pivotal role in his or her claim’s progress and settlement, it is crucial that an injury victim choose the best lawyer to handle his or her case. There are two components to the best lawyer for your case:
- The lawyer must be an objectively competent lawyer who can provide examples of successful settlements and verdicts for past clients and;
- He or she must be a good fit for your specific case, which means he or she must have experience handling cases like yours and you must feel comfortable working with him or her.
Use the following guidelines to narrow down your search to the best personal injury firm in Gilroy to handle your claim.
Look for Quality Personal Injury Lawyers vs. “Nearby” Lawyers
Although it can be tempting to simply work with the lawyer whose practice is closest to your home or workplace, this lawyer might not be a good fit for your case.
Do your research to find a lawyer who:
- Has experience successfully litigating cases like yours;
- Has a record of successful settlements and jury verdicts for cases similar to yours;
- Has the time to give your case the attention to detail it deserves; and
- Can provide you with the legal counsel you need at a price you can afford.
The last two points are not as tangible as the first two, but they are just as important. Work with a lawyer who responds to your calls and emails in a timely manner and does not make you feel like you are rushed during your meetings and conversations with him or her.
You should also work with a lawyer who provides a clear quote for his or her service and discusses his or her billing method with you. Many personal injury lawyers work on a contingency basis, which means that instead of billing by the hour or charging a flat rate, they take a percentage of the client’s settlement.
Chose a Law Firm That Specializes in Personal Injury Claims
Choose the lawyer whose experience matches your case as closely as possible – if you were injured in a bicycle accident, you do not just want a California personal injury lawyer, you want to work with a firm that specializes in bicycle accidents.
To take it a step further, look for a lawyer who has experience working with lawyers suffering from the same type of injury you suffer, such as complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS).
Don’t Wait Too Long to Find the Right Lawyer and File your Claim
In California, the statute of limitations for most personal injury claims is two years from the date of the accident. But if the injury was not discovered right away, the victim has one year from the date of his or her discovery to file a personal injury claim. But this is not always the case.
Medical malpractice claims must be filed within one year of the victim discovering his or her injury or three years from the date of the incident that resulted in the injury, whichever comes first. Even with medical malpractice claims, there are exceptions to this limit, such as cases involving surgical equipment being left inside patients.
Regardless of your accident type, you do not have forever to file and pursue your claim. You need to be proactive about finding the lawyer to handle your claim and work with a lawyer who is equally proactive about seeking a settlement for you or if necessary, filing a personal injury lawsuit.
Make Sure to Ask the Following Five Questions to Determine the Best Personal Injury Lawyer for your Case
Arrive at your initial consultation with each lawyer prepared to ask questions and discuss your case in detail. For many, this conversation is more productive with the questions written on notecards or in the client’s phone, so he or she can refer to the list without worrying that he or she forgot anything. You will likely have specific questions about your case to discuss, but remember to ask these five questions during your consultation:
- Have you handled this type of case before? Be sure your lawyer has handled the type of claim you are filing;
- How do you charge your clients? If the lawyer works on contingency, ask about the percentage he or she takes from clients’ settlements and an estimate of what your case is worth;
- What is the likely outcome of my case? Your lawyer cannot give you a definite outcome, but he or she can make realistic guesses based on previous cases and the circumstances of your case;
- Do you have experience litigating personal injury claims? If you cannot reach a settlement with the other party, you could have to take the case to court; and
- Have you ever been accused or sanctioned for attorney misconduct? You have the right to know and make your decision to work with a lawyer using this knowledge.
Work with Our Team of Experienced Gilroy Personal Injury Lawyers
If you are in need of an experienced personal injury lawyer in Gilroy, contact our team GJEL Accident Attorneys today to schedule your free legal consultation in our office. We are here to answer any questions you have about the personal injury claim process and advise you through the next steps with your claim. Do not wait – call us today to get started.
Visit Our Gilroy Office
GJEL Accident Attorneys
7787 Monterey Rd #104
Gilroy, CA 95020