If you or a loved one has been injured in a personal injury accident you may have a lot of questions. Whether it’s a legal question, medical question, or a question about your case, GJEL Accident Attorneys is here to help you.
Below you will find a list of the most common questions we get about personal injury cases. Also, check out our list of common terms used in a personal injury lawsuits defined here.
- What should I do after I’ve been in an accident?
In this article, we explore the steps you should take immediately after an accident to get the proper treatment and build up a strong case against the insurance company.
- How to hire a California personal injury lawyer
In this article we discuss how you can go about finding and selecting the right personal injury attorney for your case.
- Do I need a lawyer for my accident?
If you were not injured in an accident, or only experienced a minor injury you may not need to hire a personal injury attorney. This article explains the circumstances on when and when you don’t need to hire an attorney.
- Personal Injury Lawyer Fees: Do I need money to hire a lawyer?
Many attorneys in California work on a contingency fee basis. Here we explore why you won’t need money to settle your case.
- What questions should I ask when interviewing a lawyer?
Finding the right lawyer for your case is essential to the success of your case. Here is a list of questions you should ask any attorney you interview about your personal injury case.
- How long will it take me to get paid after my case is settled?
How long it will take to get money after your case is concluded.
- How do I file a personal injury claim in California?
Knowing the importance of the statute of limitations and being aware of key dates will help you make sure you meet the proper deadlines.
- What is the role of the private investigator?
Here we discuss the role of a private investigator and how they can help increase the value of your case by collecting evidence and documenting medical records.
- If I’m in an accident, does it affect my health insurance coverage?
Knowing whether or not an accident will affect your health insurance costs is important. Here we discuss how insurance companies handle accident and injury cases.
- What if I didn’t realize I was injured until weeks after my accident?
Sometimes injuries can take days or weeks to show up. Learn how this can affect your case and why it’s so important to see a doctor right away after an accident.
- How Soon After I am Injured do I Have to File a Lawsuit?
In some cases speed is of the essence. However, there are also circumstances where you can wait too long and no longer be eligible to file a case.
- Can I sue a county or city government in California?
GJEL has experience suing city governments. In this section, we discuss what you need to know before suing a city or Government in California.
- What is my role in the litigation process as a plaintiff?
- What is the difference between mediation and arbitration?
- Is there normally an opportunity to settle my case prior to trial?
- Is there a minimum personal injury settlement?
- What if the police report is against me?
- What if there’s no police report for my accident?
- Can a lawyer settle my case without my consent?
- What happens if I lose my job as a result of my accident injuries?
- What if the person at fault has inadequate insurance?
- If my child is injured, how do funds get handled?
Auto Accident Lawyer FAQ
- How much auto insurance do I need in California?
- What is uninsured motorist coverage?
- How does auto-medical payments insurance work?
- If I’m rear-ended, is it always the other person’s fault?
- What if I don’t feel the insurance company is making a fair offer on my car?
- What if I was in an accident and don’t have insurance?
- If I make an uninsured motorist claim, will my insurance rates go up?
Bike Accident Lawyer FAQ
- Is it legal to ride my bike in a crosswalk?
- Is it legal to ride my bike on the wrong side of the road?
- What if I’m hit while riding my bike on the sidewalk?
- Are bike accidents treated differently than auto accidents?
- What if I was in a bike accident at night and didn’t have a light or reflective gear?
- What if I was in a bike accident and wasn’t wearing a helmet?
- What if I get ‘doored’ while riding my bike?
Pedestrian Accident Attorney FAQ
Motorcycle Accident Attorney FAQ
- Are motorcycle accidents treated differently than auto accidents?
- Is lane splitting legal in California?
Workplace Accident Lawyer FAQ
Wrongful Death Case FAQ
- What does a wrongful death lawyer do?
- How do I sue for wrongful death damages in California?
- What is the wrongful death statute of limitations in California?
- How to divide a wrongful death settlement
- Wrongful Death Settlement Calculator
Questions About Your Potential Recovery
- Will I have to pay taxes on my recovery?
- If I’m on Medicare, can they take my entire recovery?
- If I’m on Medicaid, can they take my entire recovery?
- How does the Affordable Care Act affect a potential settlement?
- After I settle, can the case remain open for future medical bills?
- How is loss of earnings calculated if I’m self-employed?
- If I miss work due to my accident injuries, can I recover lost wages in my case?
Other Types of Accidents
- What if I’m injured while on a bus?
- What if the insurance company gives me a lowball offer?