Note: This post was updated on Feb. 3, 2017 to reflect the latest information about our 2017 Program. Open to any high school students interested in learning more about a potential future career in law, the 2017 GJEL Intro to…
Introduction to Careers in Law (2017)
Building on the success of previous summer programs, GJEL Accident Attorneys will once again be hosting a five-day introduction to law developed to provide participants with a deeper understanding of what it means to be a lawyer. The program is designed for high school students interested in learning more about the legal industry and will offer the opportunity for participants to interact with attorneys and obtain more information about what a career in law entails.
During the program, managing partner Andy Gillin will coordinate with other attorneys in the firm to give participants a chance to explore the following questions:
- What is the typical day like for an attorney?
- What does it take to be a successful lawyer?
- What are the different fields of law?
- What can I do now to prepare for a career in law?
The program will take place during the week of July 10th and curriculum may include any (or all) of the following:
- Meeting clients
- Sitting in on depositions
- Learning how cases typically progress
- Digging into the investigation process
- Observing a trial (with Q&A to follow the next day)
- And, participating in a Q&A with a trial lawyer
Please visit our corresponding blog post for a list of frequently asked questions about the Intro to Careers in Law Program.
Students interested in applying for the program should download an application and submit it prior to Friday, May 12th, 2017. The program’s hours are semi-flexible, and we encourage students to contact us with any questions. For more information on the application process or the Introduction to Careers in Law program please email firstname.lastname@example.org.