Introduction to Careers in Law
There will not be a program in 2019.
Building on the success of previous summer programs, GJEL Accident Attorneys will once again be hosting a five-day introduction to law developed to provide participants with a deeper understanding of what it means to be a lawyer. The program is designed for high school students interested in learning more about the legal industry and will offer the opportunity for participants to interact with attorneys and obtain more information about what a career in law entails.
During the program, managing partner Andy Gillin will coordinate with other attorneys in the firm to give participants a chance to explore the following questions:
- What is the typical day like for an attorney?
- What does it take to be a successful lawyer?
- What are the different fields of law?
- What can I do now to prepare for a career in law?
The program will take place during the week of June 25th and curriculum may include any (or all) of the following:
- Meeting clients & case intake
- Learning how cases typically progress
- Digging into the investigation process
- Observing a trial (with Q&A to follow the next day)
- And, participating in a Q&A with a trial lawyer
Please visit our corresponding blog post for a list of frequently asked questions about the Intro to Careers in Law Program.
Students interested in applying for the program should download an application and submit it prior to Friday, May 4th, 2018. The program’s hours are semi-flexible, and we encourage students to contact us with any questions. For more information on the application process or the Introduction to Careers in Law program please email email@example.com.