Motorcycle accidents can be very traumatizing, not only physically but also financially and emotionally. If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident in Fresno, California, hiring a qualified motorcycle accident lawyer is the best way to ensure that you get the compensation you deserve.
At GJEL Accident Attorneys we are dedicated to fighting for the rights of victims who suffer devastating losses in such a crash.
Please contact our Fresno accident and injury office to set up a no-cost case evaluation regarding your options, and read on for some important information about these cases.
Who is GJEL Accident Attorneys?
GJEL Accident Attorneys is a law firm based in Fresno, California, that specializes in representing victims of motorcycle accidents. We have been serving the people of Fresno for over 40 years, and they have a track record of success in handling motorcycle accident cases.
Our firm is headed by Andy Gillin and Ralph Jacobson, who are both experienced trial attorneys.
Why Hire a Fresno Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
Motorcycle accident cases can be complicated and involve multiple parties. Hiring a Fresno motorcycle accident lawyer can help you navigate the legal process and ensure that your rights are protected. Here are some reasons why you should hire a Fresno motorcycle accident lawyer:
GJEL Accident Attorneys has over 40 years of experience in handling motorcycle accident cases. They have the knowledge and expertise to handle complex cases and get the compensation that you deserve.
Having a qualified lawyer on your side can increase the chances of getting a better settlement. GJEL Accident Attorneys has a track record of success in getting high settlements for their clients.
GJEL has recovered over $950,000,000 for our clients. Check out our motorcycle accident settlements here.
Representation in Court
If your case goes to trial, having a lawyer who is experienced in trial law can make all the difference. GJEL Accident Attorneys has a team of trial attorneys who are prepared to represent you in court if necessary.
Saves Time and Effort
Navigating the legal process can be time-consuming and confusing. By hiring a Fresno motorcycle accident lawyer, you can focus on recovering from your injuries while the lawyer handles the legal aspects of your case.
No Upfront Costs
GJEL Accident Attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, which means that they only get paid if you win your case. This takes the financial burden off of you and allows you to pursue your case without any upfront costs.
What Can GJEL Accident Attorneys Do For You?
GJEL Accident Attorneys can provide you with a range of services to ensure that you get the compensation that you deserve. Here are some of the things that they can do for you:
Investigate the Accident
GJEL Accident Attorneys will investigate the accident to determine who was at fault. They will gather evidence, interview witnesses, and consult with experts to build a strong case for you.
Negotiate with Insurance Companies
Insurance companies are notorious for offering low settlements to accident victims. GJEL Accident Attorneys will negotiate with the insurance companies on your behalf to ensure that you get a fair settlement.
Represent You in Court
If your case goes to trial, GJEL Accident Attorneys has a team of experienced trial attorneys who will represent you in court. They will present your case to the judge and jury and fight for your rights.
Help You Get Medical Treatment
GJEL Accident Attorneys can help you get the medical treatment that you need to recover from your injuries. They can refer you to doctors and specialists who can provide you with the care that you need.
Help You Get Compensation
GJEL Accident Attorneys will work to get you compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages that you may have incurred as a result of the accident.
How California Motorcycle Accident Cases Work
As with most traffic crashes, the vast majority of motorcycle collisions in California occur because someone was careless or reckless. In the legal field, this concept is termed negligence and it requires you to prove four elements to recover compensation:
- You need to show that the other driver had a duty to operate the vehicle safely;
- You must prove that the responsible motorist failed in this duty;
- You have to establish a direct link between the breach of duty and the motorcycle accident in which you were injured; and,
- You need to prove that you sustained losses as a result of your injuries.
Filing a Claim for Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Because motorists in California are required to carry auto insurance, your first step in seeking compensation for your losses is to file a claim with the insurer. These companies operate to make a profit, so your claim is a threat to this business objective. You shouldn’t expect an easy claims process, as you’re more likely to receive a rejection or low counteroffer. With an attorney’s help, you’re in a better position to obtain a settlement amount you deserve.
If the insurance company won’t resolve your claim for a fair, reasonable amount, you may need to file a lawsuit in court. The litigation process is very complicated, encompassing high-level legal concepts and strict court procedural rules. For one, you must comply with California’s statute of limitations. You have two years from the date of your motorcycle accident to sue the responsible parties. Your claim is barred forever if you don’t comply with this time limitations.
Just as with the claims process, it’s important to have a lawyer represent your interests if it becomes necessary to seek compensation through legal action. With an attorney’s help, you can recover for such losses as:
- Medical bills;
- Lost wages;
- Pain and suffering;
- Emotional distress; and,
- Many more.
Contact Our Fresno Motorcycle Accident Lawyers to Discuss Your Rights
For more information on your legal options as the victim of a motorcycle accident, please contact GJEL Accident Attorneys right away. You can schedule a free consultation with an attorney by calling 866-249-2142 or visiting us online. We can explain the claims process and other remedies after reviewing the details of your case.
- How much does it cost to hire a Fresno motorcycle accident lawyer? GJEL Accident Attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, which means that they only get paid if you win your case. This takes the financial burden off of you and allows you to pursue your case without any upfront costs.
- How long will it take to resolve my case? The length of time it takes to resolve a motorcycle accident case depends on the complexity of the case and whether it goes to trial. GJEL Accident Attorneys will work to resolve your case as quickly as possible while ensuring that you get the compensation that you deserve.
- Can I still pursue a case if I was partially at fault for the accident? Yes, you can still pursue a case if you were partially at fault for the accident. California follows a comparative negligence rule, which means that you can still recover damages even if you were partially at fault.
- Will I have to go to court? Not necessarily. Many motorcycle accident cases are settled out of court through negotiations with insurance companies. However, if your case does go to trial, GJEL Accident Attorneys has a team of experienced trial attorneys who will represent you in court.
- How do I know if I have a case? If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident in, California, it is best to consult with a qualified motorcycle accident lawyer. GJEL Accident Attorneys offers free consultations, during which they can evaluate your case and advise you on your legal options.