Hiring a Fresno Personal Injury Lawyer – Finding the Best for Your Case
Suffering a serious personal injury or car accident is a life changing experience characterized by fear and uncertainty. This is especially true when the injury is severe, and its occurrence was out of your control. If this describes you, it may be in your best interest to hire a Fresno personal injury attorney to advocate for full and fair financial compensation.
In order to recover the compensation that you need to pay for your medical bills, compensate you for your lost wages, and recompense you for your noneconomic damages, like pain and suffering, you should consider hiring a Fresno personal injury lawyer.
Here are some tips for hiring a Fresno personal injury lawyer to help ensure that you find the best possible attorney for your case:
2505 W Shaw #180
Fresno, CA 93711
Lots of Advertising in Fresno Doesn’t Mean a Given Personal Injury Law Firm is Right for You
Instead consider results, client testimonials, and experience.
If you flip on the TV, turn on the radio, drive down the highway, or perform a quick search online (to find an attorney), there is a very high chance that you will encounter lawyer advertising. Advertising is one of the most common ways that personal injury lawyers attract clients, and it is almost impossible to escape it.
However, just because you see a lot of ads promoting a given personal injury law firm does not necessarily mean that that law firm is right for you. Instead of relying on advertisements alone to make your decision, you should consider:
- Results. Before you hire a personal injury lawyer in Fresno, ask the lawyer to provide you with information regarding their past case results. If a law firm has a history of losing, why would you want to work with them? At the offices of GJEL Accident Attorneys, we are proud of the face that we have reclaimed a total of $950 million on the behalf of our clients.
- Client Testimonials. Equally as important as results are client testimonials – you want to work with someone who is trusted, who has a good repertoire with their clients, and who works hard. Client testimonials can tell you more than whether or not an attorney is skilled, but whether or not an attorney is compassionate, dedicated to their work, and enjoyable to partner with. Review our firm’s client testimonials here.
- Of course, you don’t just want to hire an attorney that is friendly; you want to work with someone with years worth of experience under their belt. Having experience means a better relationship with the court system and those within it, and more confidence and competence investigating, building, presenting, and negotiating your case.
- Experience. If you’ve been in a car accident you may want to look for a car accident lawyer in Fresno. But more importantly, you need a firm with expertise. At GJEL we are accident reconstruction experts. By creating accident reconstructions we can show the jury who is responsible for causing it. Having this expertise on top of our substantial resources has helped us to be rated one of the top personal injury law firms in the country.
Beware of Fresno Personal Injury Law Firms that Engage in Online Spam and Fake Reviews
Unfortunately, fake reviews are possible, with companies–law firms and others alike–sometimes resorting to unscrupulous practices like this in order to attract business. It can be difficult to spot fake reviews, and so pay attention to language (real reviews are typically more moderate in praise), research the reviewer if need be, check how many reviews are available and when they were posted (too many can be a red flag), and check multiple review sites, not just the lawyer’s website.
Remember, the best law firms out there don’t need to engage in online spam and fake reviews to attract clients – providing solid information for the community and those who are injured, skillfully representing clients, and relying on word-of-mouth marketing are often sufficient.
Ask About Personal Injury Lawyers’ Trial Experience in Fresno Courts
It is not enough that an attorney has years of experience representing clients alone; the attorney whom you hire for legal representation during your personal injury claim should have years’ worth of experience in the courtroom in Fresno courts. While the vast majority of cases are settled out of court, your attorney should always be prepared to file a lawsuit, go to court, and litigate on your behalf when a fair settlement cannot be reached otherwise.
Having trial experience is critical if a case does go to trial; an attorney who is not comfortable in the courtroom, and does not have a relationship with judges, police officers, expert witnesses, clerks, and all others who are often involved in the court process may be less successful when it comes to winning a case.
Quality Is More Important than Being “Near You”
Finally, keep in mind that when you are injured and you need to pursue a personal injury claim in order to recover compensation for your losses, the quality of an attorney is far more important than where they are located (within reason). If you are worried about the fact that you will not be able to travel to the office of the lawyer you want to hire due to your injuries or lack of transportation, remember that a good personal injury attorney who really cares about their clients will come to you.
At the offices of GJEL Accident Attorneys, we can travel to your location when circumstances prevent you from coming to ours, and we offer after-hours and weekend appointments too. What’s more, you can call our law firm 24 hours a day to make your appointment, or to ask us questions.
Contact GJEL Accident Attorneys Today for a Free Consultation with a Fresno Injury Attorney
One last thing to remember is this: if a personal injury attorney tells you that you have to pay for a consultation, or if the attorney insists on upfront or hourly fees, do not work with them. Good attorneys are confident enough in their abilities, and the strength of the claims that they take on, to work on a contingency fee basis. Personal injury consultations should always be offered free of charge.
At GJEL Accident Attorneys, we have what you’re looking for in an experienced Fresno personal injury law firm you can trust. To learn more about our services or start the claims process today, call us directly, or send us a message online. Remember, our car accident lawyers can talk 24 hours a day.
Get A Free Car Ride In Fresno
GJEL Personal Injury Lawyers are happy to announce the introduction of our Fresno Drink & Alive Program. GJEL is committed to keeping the roads in Fresno safe. One of the most dangerous times to be on the roads is during the holidays when people are out drinking.
The date for the next free cab ride from GJEL will be posted shortly.
Here are the details for our Free Ride Offering
– Rides must originate or end in Fresno, CA city limits
– Rides must be taken between the designated times
– You must be of legal drinking age to qualify (21 and over)
– Valid for one, one-way ride to a safe destination
– Limit one reimbursement per household
– The Maximum value of $20.00.
How To Claim Your Reimbursement:
Mail your cab receipt, a photocopy of your valid driver’s license, and a note telling us your PayPal associated email address (for reimbursement) to:
GJEL Accident Attorneys
2505 W Shaw #180 Fresno, CA
All submissions must be received by no later than January 10, 2018. If you have any questions about the program, feel email us (no phone calls please).