GJEL is providing a $2,000 scholarship for students enrolled or enrolling in law school through our GJELL Law Student Scholarship Program
Note: Congratulations to Katherine Alay our most recent Scholarship winner in 2021.
This scholarship is graciously being provided by the staff at GJELL Accident Attorneys for the 2022 school year. The attorneys at GJELL understand the financial burdens law students go through when working towards their degrees and are providing this essay contest for eligible students.
This is an essay contest on the topic:
“These are the reasons I want to go to law school”
Submissions will be posted publicly and will be viewable to the general public once submitted.
In order to be eligible for this award, the student must be enrolled in an accredited United States Law School by Fall 2022. Students must provide a copy of a valid school-issued ID or an acceptance letter at the time of their submission to prove enrollment.
Important Scholarship Dates
The next scholarship will be awarded December 15, 2022. Please review the following important dates. Applications received after the deadlines will not be considered.
Winter Scholarship (One, $2,000 award)
- Application Deadline: November 1, 2022
- Winners announced: December 15, 2022
How to Apply
This scholarship is based on an essay contest. Students must write a 1,000 – 2,000-word essay on the topic: “Reasons I wanted to go to law school”.
All essays submitted for this contest will be exclusively published on the GJEL.com website or our blog. Winners will be selected on December 15, 2022.
Winners will be selected based on the following criteria from the attorneys at GJELL.
- The quality of the writing
- The thoughtfulness of the writing
- Original content
To apply for the scholarship you will need to send the following information to casey(at)gjel.com before the cut-off dates mentioned above.
- Copy of school ID that shows enrollment year. The ID should show your full name. If you do not have a school ID, a copy of official school paperwork showing your name will suffice.
- Original essay covering the topic: “Reasons I wanted to go to law school”
- A picture of you we can use on our website to showcase your essay
- Include the following information in the body of your email: Full Name, Law School, Graduation Year, Email Address, Phone Number
Only fully completed applications will be considered for the award.
Katherine Alay – [$1,000 Award]
Jack Weller Spring 2021 – [$1,000 Award]
Read our press release on our previous winners here.
Talisha Faruk Summer 2020 – [$2,000 Award]
Dayana Saint Vil – Spring 2019 [$2,000 Award]
Read her essay and learn more about Dayana here.