GJEL is providing a $2,000 scholarship for students enrolled or enrolling in law school through our GJEL Law Student Scholarship Program
GJEL Accident Attorneys is proud to announce the first semi-annual GJEL Law Student Scholarship. This scholarship is graciously being provided by the staff at GJEL Accident Attorneys for the 2018 school year. The attorneys at GJEL understand the financial burdens law students go through when working towards their degrees and are providing this essay contest for eligible students.
There will be two $2,000 awards annually for this scholarship program. 1 winner will be announced on January 5, 2019 for the Spring Semester.
This is an essay contest on the topic “Reasons I wanted to go to law school”. Submissions will be posted exclusively on GJEL.com website to be publicly viewed.
In order to be eligible for this award, the student must be enrolled in an accredited United States Law School by fall 2018. Students must provide a copy of a valid school-issued ID at time of their submission to prove enrollment.
Important Scholarship Dates
The scholarship will be awarded in January 2019 and June 2019. Please review the following important dates. Applications received after the deadlines will not be considered.
Spring Semester Scholarship (One, $2,000 award)
- Application Deadline: December 15, 2018
- Winners announced January 5, 2019
Fall Semester Scholarship (One, $2,000 award)
- Application Deadline: May 15, 2019
- Winners announced June 1, 2019
How to Apply
This scholarship is based on an essay contest. Students must write a 500 – 1000 word essay on the topic: “Reasons I wanted to go to law school”. All essays submitted for this contest will be exclusively published on the GJEL.com website. Winners will be selected on January 5, 2019 and June 1, 2018.
Winners will be selected based on the following criteria from the attorneys at GJEL.
- The quality of the writing
- The thoughtfulness of the writing
- Original content
To apply for the scholarship you will need to send the following information to casey(at)gjel.com before the cut off dates mentioned above.
- Copy of school ID that shows enrollment year. The ID should show your full name.
- Original essay covering the topic: “Reasons I wanted to go to law school”
- A picture of you we can use on our website to showcase your essay
- Include the following information in the body of your email: Full Name, Law School, Graduation Year, Email Address, Phone Number
Only fully completed applications will be considered for the award.