GJELL is providing a $1,000 scholarship for students enrolled or enrolling in law school through our GJELL Law Student Scholarship Program
Note: 2021 Applications are currently being reviewed. A winner is expected to be announced in September, 2021.
This scholarship is graciously being provided by the staff at GJELL Accident Attorneys for the 2022 school year. The attorneys at GJELL understand the financial burdens law students go through when working towards their degrees and are providing this essay contest for eligible students.
There will be two $1,000 awards annually for this scholarship program. There will be one winner per scholarship period.
This is an essay contest on the topic:
“Reasons I wanted to go to law school”.
Submissions will be posted publicly and will be viewable to the general public.
In order to be eligible for this award, the student must be enrolled in an accredited United States Law School by Fall 2021. Students must provide a copy of a valid school-issued ID or an acceptance letter at the time of their submission to prove enrollment.
Important Scholarship Dates
The next scholarship will be awarded January 30, 2022. Please review the following important dates. Applications received after the deadlines will not be considered.
Winter Scholarship (One, $2,000 award)
- Application Deadline: January 1, 2022
- Winners announced January 30, 2022
How to Apply
This scholarship is based on an essay contest. Students must write a 1,000 – 2,000-word essay on the topic: “Reasons I wanted to go to law school”. All essays submitted for this contest will be exclusively published on the GJEL.com website. Winners will be selected on January 30, 2022.
Winners will be selected based on the following criteria from the attorneys at GJELL.
- The quality of the writing
- The thoughtfulness of the writing
- Original content
To apply for the scholarship you will need to send the following information to casey(at)gjel.com before the cut-off dates mentioned above.
- Copy of school ID that shows enrollment year. The ID should show your full name. If you do not have a school ID, a copy of official school paperwork showing your name will suffice.
- Original essay covering the topic: “Reasons I wanted to go to law school”
- A picture of you we can use on our website to showcase your essay
- Include the following information in the body of your email: Full Name, Law School, Graduation Year, Email Address, Phone Number
Only fully completed applications will be considered for the award.
Summer 2021 – [$2,000 Award] to be announced soon
Jack Weller Spring 2021 – [$1,000 Award]
Read our press release on our previous winners here.
Talisha Faruk Summer 2020 – [$2,000 Award]
Dayana Saint Vil – Spring 2019 [$2,000 Award]
Read her essay and learn more about Dayana here.