Have you suffered a serious personal injury? The San Rafael Personal Injury Attorneys at GJEL recover money in over 99% of cases. We’ve secured $850 million dollars from corporate defendants and insurance companies for our clients in cases like yours. Don’t hesitate. Contact us today for a free case review.
The aftermath of a motor vehicle or personal injury accident can be stressful and overwhelming for a victim who is injured. Not only do you suffer extreme pain and suffering, but the medical bills for your treatment will skyrocket. You may also lose income if you are unable to work because of your injuries, which increases your anxiety during these already difficult times. Even though your health is a primary concern, you may also be worried about the property damage to your vehicle.
The GJEL Accident Attorneys empathize with your circumstances, which is why we have dedicated our practice to car accident and personal injury cases since 1972. We are committed to helping you get your life back by delivering skilled legal representation that is personalized for your needs. With a success rate over 99 percent, our lawyers have recovered more than $850 million from insurance companies and those responsible for our clients’ injuries. Our entire legal team takes pride in the fact that we maintain close friendships with those we help, long after we win compensation in your case.
Experienced San Rafael Injury & Accident Attorneys Fight for Your Rights
If you were hurt in an auto crash or other incident, our attorneys will assist you throughout the legal process. Many of these cases involve an insurance company, so we will file a claim to get the compensation you deserve for your losses. Some of these matters will result in a fair, reasonable settlement after negotiations with the insurer.
However, if it is not possible to reach an agreement with the insurance company, our skilled litigation lawyers will take the battle to court. The firm of GJEL Accident Attorneys is ideally positioned to deliver all litigation services necessary to win your case, including:
- Helping you get the medical treatment you need for your injuries;
- Assessing the circumstances of your accident or other incident;
- Examining medical reports and evidence regarding your injuries;
- Working with accident reconstruction specialists and medical experts;
- Calculating the full extent of your losses;
- Assisting you in maximizing the compensation you recover; and,
- Providing other services you may need, even if not directly related to your case.
Time is of the Essence in a San Rafael Car Accident or Personal Injury Case
There are a number of reasons you should consult with a knowledgeable lawyer as soon as possible after you are injured.
- The California statute of limitations for car accident and personal injuries is two years after the incident. You are forever barred from pursuing the responsible driver after this time period. An attorney bears in mind the statute of limitations in pursuing your rights to compensation, so you do not put your legal rights at risk.
- An insurance company will likely contact you regarding the accident, making an offer to settle your claim quickly and out-of-court. While the amount may seem attractive, it is important to realize that insurers are businesses first; they do not have your best interests in mind. A lawyer knows the amount that would fairly compensate you, and will not concede to a low-ball offer.
- Evidence from an accident may be unavailable or degrade in the days and weeks after you are injured. Plus, the memory of witnesses fades over time. Delays make proving your case more difficult, so you should not hesitate to discuss your case with an attorney.
Common Car Accident Scenarios in San Rafael, California
The GJEL Accident Attorneys handle all types of car accident cases, from minor collisions to catastrophic crashes. Our lawyers have extensive experience obtaining compensation for victims who suffer injuries in:
- Rear End Accidents
- T-Bone Crashes
- Sideswipe Incidents
- Head-On Crashes
- Wrong-Way Collisions
Other Serious Personal Injury Cases
In addition to car accident cases, our attorneys assist victims who suffer personal injuries due to other types of incidents.
- Bicycle Accidents
- Motorcycle Crashes
- Truck Collisions
- Pedestrian Injuries
The injuries from these accidents can be even more devastating to a victim due to the size disparity between the vehicles. Traumatic brain injury, amputations, paralysis, permanent disability, and even fatalities are common.
Damages Available in a San Rafael Personal Injury Case
You may be entitled to compensation if you sustain injuries in a vehicle crash or accident that was not your fault. While every case is unique, the experienced GJEL Accident Attorneys are at your side to help you recover:
- The costs of your medical care, including emergency treatment, surgery, rehabilitation, therapy, and long-term care;
- Your lost wages, if you were unable to work for a period of time after the incident;
- Future wages, in the event that you cannot return to work in your chosen profession due to your injuries;
- Pain and suffering;
- Emotional distress;
- Losses associated with your personal relationships with your spouse, children, and other loved ones;
- Any and all other types of compensation available.
Note that, under California law, there are limitations that may affect your rights to compensation or the amount you can recover.
- If you are somewhat to blame in the auto collision, your amount of compensation may be reduced. Your shared fault is based upon the percentage of your own conduct that contributed to the accident.
- If you are an uninsured motorist, you cannot recover noneconomic damages for pain and suffering regardless of fault. There are some limited exceptions to this rule.
Talk to a Knowledgeable San Rafael Accident Attorney Today
GJEL Accident Attorneys is a law firm that fights for the rights of victims who suffer catastrophic injuries in car, motorcycle, and truck accidents. Our lawyers are dedicated to serving your needs after a motor vehicle crash, helping you get the compensation you deserve for your losses. We serve clients in San Rafael, CA and throughout the San Francisco Bay area.
If you have questions about your car accident or personal injury case, please contact our office by calling toll-free at 1-855-508-9565. We can schedule a free, no obligations consultation for you at our office or wherever is most convenient for you.