When hiring a San Jose Personal Injury Lawyer you need to look for an attorney that will be the best fit for you and your situation.
At GJEL we specialize in serious injury cases and have tremendous financial resources to make sure we can take your case from start to finish.
Here a few questions you should ask a potential attorney to see if they are a good fit for your case:
– Have you handled this type of case before?
– What results have you gotten for your clients from similar cases?
– What is your success rate?
– Will I have to pay upfront or only if you win my case?
– Have you won any awards?
– Does your firm have the financial resources necessary to effectively fight my case?
– Are the attorneys friendly, compassionate and easy to work with?
San Jose Personal Injury Attorneys
Accidents happen every day throughout Northern California; however, not all accidents warrant filing a claim with an insurance company or filing a lawsuit against an at-fault party for damages.
The accidents that do demand legal intervention are those accidents that are caused by the negligent or wrongful actions of another party, and that result in serious injuries for the injured person.
If you have been involved in an accident that falls into this category, you need a San Jose personal injury law firm who can advise you of your rights, how to file a claim or a lawsuit, and what steps to take along the way to preserve your right to damages.
Here are some tips for choosing the best personal injury lawyer for your case:
- Does the law firm have experience dealing with your specific type of case?
- What are their past results like? Although prior results cannot be used to determine future outcomes, it can shed some light on how successful the firm has been.
- What is the firm’s success rate? Do they regularly win cases?
- How many cases have they taken to trial? Many personal injury law firms may try to settle cases quickly out of court. You need an experienced litigation team to take your case to trial and win.
- Has the firm won any recognized awards? Good legal work is typically recognized and rewarded.
If you don’t know anyone who has used the services of a personal injury lawyer or car accident lawyer in the past, search for a San Jose personal injury attorney near you online. There are a variety of lawyer review sites that you can turn to for help, including Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings and Avvo. The State Bar of California also recommends using a local State Bar-certified lawyer referral service
When should you hire a personal injury lawyer?
If you or someone you love was seriously injured or killed in an accident you should contact an experienced law firm right away.
Contacting an attorney immediately will help you explore your options and preserve evidence for your case well before the statute of limitations expire.
In some cases, insurance companies will try to get you to settle quickly to get out of having to pay you what you actually deserve.
How much should you ask for in a personal injury settlement?
This depends on the facts of your case. In many cases, we will seek compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain & suffering as well as other expenses.
Since no case facts are the same it’s important to have a personal injury attorney work through your case to reach this conclusion.
Personal Injury Cases We Take in San Jose
GJEL focuses on serious injury and wrongful death cases. Here are some of the cases we take:
- Car and Automobile Accident Cases. Whether it’s a rear-end accident, sideswipe, or another type, we have handled it in the past.
- Truck Crashes (Commercial trucks, 18 wheelers, tractor-trailers and pickup trucks)
- Wrongful Death Cases where someone was killed due to the negligence of someone else.
- Scooter Accidents. San Jose has many scooters like Lime and Uber electric scooters.
- Ridesharing Car Accidents involving Uber, Lyft, Taxi Cabs, and others.
- Boating Accidents. Negligent boat drivers and unsafe vessels.
- Motorcycle Crashes
- Slip and fall accidents
- Pedestrian accidents and negligent drivers
Visit Our Downtown San Jose Office
1625 The Alameda #511, San Jose, CA 95126
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00AM – 6:00PM
Phone: (408) 955-9000 [Phone Lines Open 24/7]