If you or a loved one has been involved in a trucking accident in San Jose, CA, it is crucial to seek legal representation right away. Contact the experienced San Jose Personal Injury Lawyers to protect your rights and get the compensation you deserve.
Why choose GJEL Accident Attorneys?
Here are just some of the reasons to work with us.
- Experienced team: Our attorneys have been helping clients for over 40 years and have recovered over $1 billion in compensation for our clients.
- Personalized attention: We understand that each case is unique, and we provide individualized attention to ensure the best possible outcome for your case.
- Aggressive representation: We are not afraid to take on big insurance companies and fight for your rights in court if necessary.
- No fee unless we win: We work on a contingency fee basis, meaning you won’t pay us anything unless we win your case.
Ready to speak to an attorney? Don’t delay and allow evidence to get lost or the statute of limitations to expire. Call us at 408-955-9000 or stop by our office located at 1625 The Alameda #511, San Jose, CA 95126, United States.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents in San Jose
There are many factors that can contribute to truck accidents. Some of the most common causes include driver fatigue, speeding, overloading, and faulty equipment. These factors can be exacerbated by poor weather conditions, such as rain or fog. It is important to note that truck accidents can have serious consequences due to the size and weight of commercial trucks.
Common Injuries After Truck Related Accidents
Truck accidents can have a wide range of effects on those involved, including physical injuries. These injuries can range from minor cuts and bruises to more serious conditions that require immediate medical attention. Here are some of the common injuries that one may experience after a truck accident:
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) – Head injuries are common in truck accidents and can lead to traumatic brain injuries. TBI symptoms can include headaches, dizziness, difficulty concentrating, and memory loss.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Truck accidents can cause spinal cord injuries, which may result in partial or complete paralysis, loss of sensation, or loss of bladder and bowel control.
- Broken Bones – The impact of a truck accident can result in fractures and broken bones, particularly in the arms, legs, and ribs.
- Internal Injuries – The force of a truck accident can cause internal injuries, such as organ damage, internal bleeding, or a punctured lung.
- Whiplash – Rear-end truck accidents can lead to whiplash injuries, causing neck pain, stiffness, and reduced mobility.
- Burns – In the event of a fire or hazardous material spillage, victims may suffer burns of varying degrees of severity.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) – Truck accidents can be traumatic events that can result in PTSD, a mental health condition characterized by anxiety, depression, and flashbacks.
- Death. Unfortunately many of the cases we have worked on were San Jose wrongful death cases from truck accidents.
It is important to seek medical attention immediately after a truck accident, even if you do not feel any pain or symptoms. Some injuries may not be immediately apparent, and timely medical care can prevent further complications. It is also important to consult with a truck accident attorney to ensure that you receive the necessary compensation and that your rights are protected.
Why You Need to Talk to an Attorney Who Specializes in Trucking Accident Cases
If you are involved in a truck accident, it is important to hire a truck accident attorney as soon as possible. Truck accident attorneys have specialized knowledge of federal and state trucking regulations, as well as experience in investigating truck accidents. They can negotiate with insurance companies and represent you in court, ensuring that you receive the compensation you deserve.
Don’t wait to seek legal help after a trucking accident. Contact GJEL Accident Attorneys today for a free consultation and let us help you get the justice and compensation you deserve.
Injured in a commercial trucking accident? Here are the steps you should take next
If you are involved in a truck accident, there are several steps you should take.
- First and foremost, seek medical attention for any injuries.
- Collect evidence at the scene, including photos and witness statements.
- File a police report and notify your insurance company.
- Finally, contact GJEL Accident Attorneys as soon as possible.
Compensation in trucking / tractor trailer accidents
If you are involved in a truck accident, you may be entitled to compensation for economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages include medical expenses, lost wages, and property damage. Non-economic damages may include pain and suffering, emotional distress, and loss of enjoyment of life.
Check out our recent settlements and verdicts for trucking accident cases here
California is the most dangerous state in the nation for truck accidents and is home to some of the most dangerous roads in the country. San Jose is no exception to this rule with freeways like I-280 running right down the heart of the city.
Trucking accidents are common in San Jose just due to the sheer number of vehicles that travel on the roads every day. Commercial trucks commonly use these routes to transport products and the roads are also full of daily commuters from the bay area.
If you’ve been injured in a trucking accident that was caused due to someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation.
Why GJEL Handles Truck Accident Cases
With so many commercial trucks on the roads every day and deadlines to meet with businesses, trucking companies sometimes overwork their drivers or are responsible for putting them in bad situations. Whether it’s exhaustion, distracted driving, or another reason you have a reasonable right to be safe while driving on the road.
One of the reasons our firm takes on so many California truck accident lawsuits is to help change the laws around preventing these accidents. At GJEL we’re committed to keeping the roads as safe as we can and since the firm was founded in 1972, we have handled hundreds of these cases.
Since this time we have maintained a 99% case success rate and recovered over $950 Million Dollars for our clients.
Hiring a personal injury attorney after an accident allows you to fight big companies who may have otherwise pressured you into making a quick settlement.
Recent Truck Accidents in San Jose
March 5, 2018: A man was struck and killed on I-280 in San Jose after exiting a vehicle after a three-car crash.
March 3, 2018: GreenWaste truck driver was hit and killed by his own truck. This marked the tenth traffic-related fatality in 2018 for San Jose.
February 21, 2018: Police Car Hit and Run in San Jose. In this case, thankfully the officer was not injured.
February 19, 2018: A teenage bicyclist was killed in Concord after he was hit by a pickup truck.