Although there are Federal and State regulations which have implemented extensive construction industry safety rules, thousands of construction workers are injured and killed annually in the United States while performing their job duties. In fact, the BLS (Bureau of Labor Statistics) reports that an average of approximately 1,100 construction workers die each year as the result of construction site accidents.
The following are some of the accidents which may occur on construction sites:
- Crane accidents
- Scaffolding accidents
- Nail gun accidents
- Compressed gas accidents
- Defective and dangerous machinery accidents
- Mechanical risks due to machinery components
- Slip, trip and fall accidents
- Trenching and excavation accidents
- Chemical exposure
- Transportation accidents
- Welding accidents
The above listed construction site accidents may result in various injuries such as spinal cord injuries, back and neck injuries, chemical burns, paralysis, amputations, brain injuries, and broken or crushed limbs.
Average yearly construction site fatality statistics for the United States:
- Workplace violence accounted for the deaths of 30 construction workers.
- 285 construction workers died in transportation related accidents.
- Harmful substances accounted for the deaths of 169 construction workers.
- Equipment and object related accidents killed 265 construction workers.
- 441 construction workers suffered fatal injuries after falls.
In some cases an injured construction worker may receive workers compensation to assist in the payment of bills and other expenses, but for many it is not enough to pay for expensive medical and hospital bills, loss of wages, and other on the job injury related costs. The property owner, sub-contractor, general contractor, and certain others may be held liable when someone is injured on a construction site. With the representation of an experienced Northern California construction site accident lawyer you may be able to recover monetary compensation for your injuries and injury related expenses.
We invite you to call 1-855-508-9565 to speak with an experienced construction injury attorney at GJEL if you or a loved one has been injured. We provide free consultations, and we’re paid only when we win your claim. You’ll pay no fees if we don’t obtain a verdict or settlement for you.
Please visit the Contact Us page to find our local office nearest you.