GJEL Accident Attorneys is a Walnut Creek-based brain injury and serious injury law firm. Our decades of experience and vast expertise allows us to get the maximum settlement for brain and head injury cases.
After a loved one has been injured with a brain injury there are can be a lot of unknowns. Serious brain injuries can impact your family’s lives permanently and you may have many questions. Serious brain injuries will affect the entire lifetime of the injured person and the injuries can get worse over time. Ensuring that your family gets the treatment they need and the compensation they deserve after an accident is GJEL’s top priority.
When to contact a Personal Injury Law Firm
If you were seriously injured and have a brain injury you should contact a personal injury law firm if the accident happened because someone else was negligent. Here are some examples of negligence:
- Someone caused a car accident
- You slipped and fell down due to unsafe conditions in a public place
- You were physically attacked by someone
- You were riding a bike and hit by a car or fell due to unsafe road maintenance
- You fell due to unsafe construction
The benefits of hiring GJEL Accident Attorneys
- We have a 99% Success Rate
- We have gotten over $1 Billion Dollars in verdicts and settlements
- We can get the insurance company off of your back and get you the proper compensation you deserve.
These are just a few of the types of scenarios we have dealt with in Walnut Creek and Contra Costa County. If you think you might have a case, contact GJEL today.
Common Causes of Brain Injuries
There are many causes of brain injuries that can cause serious damage. GJEL has worked with many different types of accidents that have caused serious head injuries. Most of these fall into the following categories:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents (Car Crashes, Truck Crashes, & Motorcycle Accidents)
- Slip and Falls
- Sports-Related Injuries
- Physical Assaults (Gunshots, etc.)
- Child Abuse
No matter where the injury occurred if the injury was due to someone else’s negligence you may be entitled to monetary compensation.
Common Types of Brain Injuries
There are many different types of brain injuries you can get. Most doctors will classify a brain injury as mild, moderate, or severe. The most frequent type of brain injuries are:
- Hemmoraging – This is uncontrolled bleeding around the brain.
- Concussions – Multiple and repeated concussions can greatly worsen the damage
- Skull Fracture – Serious blunt force trauma can fracture the skull
- Hematoma – When the blood vessels rupture around your brain
Any trauma to your head can result in a brain injury. That’s one of the reasons why it’s so important to get checked out by a medical doctor after any accident. Keep in mind that you may not experience a skull fracture or other physical symptoms after a TBI.
Common symptoms to look out for are loss of memory, loss of feeling or other major senses, mood changes and cognitive defects.
Traumatic Brain Injury Trauma Centers In Walnut Creek
If you or a loved one think you might have a brain injury from an accident it’s important to seek emergency medical attention right away. Below are the top trauma centers in the area.
- John Muir Medical Center and Trauma center located at 1601 Ygnacio Valley Rd, Walnut Creek, CA 94598.
Frequently Asked Questions
Signs and symptoms of head injuries in adults
Signs you should discuss your case with a brain injury lawyer